Vietnam is one of the most densely populated developing countries in the world, with 91 million inhabitants, located in South East Asia. Since the enactment of Vietnam’s “doi moi” (renovation) policy in 1986, poverty has declined significantly. But in recent years, the country has experienced a downturn in its economy due to the country’s weak competitiveness and low labor productivity.
Lack of energy is a big problem in Vietnam. According to current predictions, Vietnam will reach an energy deficit of 70% by 2025. Against this background energy efficiency improvements in buildings is an important area in Vietnam.
In Vietnam, there are many barriers to mainstream energy efficient buildings. Building stakeholders have very limited access to energy efficiency data and knowledge. The value of energy efficiency technologies and green building practices are not appreciated enough by the majority of building stakeholders. Suppliers do not have enough marketing skills to promote energy efficient products and services. Although there are many initiatives already in place to stimulate green building practices, there is a lack of a central one-stop data portal for energy efficient buildings practices.
The purpose of the project is to:
- support the openness and consistency of Green Building solutions data for all building stakeholders
- build a platform for knowledge sharing between building professionals in Vietnam (please click here!)
- make the benefits of green building solutions transparent to investors, service providers, developers and other interested parties
- enhance the marketing capacities of green solution suppliers
- create an effective, user-friendly tool to find and access suppliers of green building solutions
2013 – 2014