1. Name and contact details of the data controller
This data protection declaration applies to data processed by:
Fairventures Worldwide FVW gGmbH
Hasenbergstrasse 31, D-70178 Stuttgart
Represented by managing director Johannes Schwegler
Telephone: +49 711 220468 0
Fax: +49 711 220468 10
2. Collection and storage of personal data as well as type and purpose of their use
a) When visiting the website
When you visit our website, the browser used on your device automatically sends information to the server of our website. This information is temporarily stored in a so-called log file. The following information is recorded without your intervention and stored until it is automatically deleted:
- The IP address of the computer making the request,
- date and time of access,
- the name and URL of the accessed file,
- the website from which access is made (referrer URL),
- the browser used and
- the operating system of your computer as well as
- the name of your Internet access provider.
The data listed will be processed by us for the following purposes:
- ensuring a smooth connection to the website,
- ensuring convenient use of our website,
- evaluation of system security and stability as well as
- for other administrative purposes.
The legal basis for data processing is Art. 6 Para. 1 Clause 1 Lit. f GDPR. Our legitimate interest is derived from the data collection purposes listed above. Under no circumstances will we use the data collected for the purpose of drawing conclusions about you as a person.
b) When registering for our newsletter
Insofar as you have explicitly given your consent in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 Clause 1 Lit. a GDPR, we will use your e-mail address to send you our newsletter on a regular basis. All you need to do to receive the newsletter is provide your e-mail address.
You can unsubscribe at any time, for example via the link provided at the end of each newsletter. Alternatively, you are welcome to send us your request to unsubscribe by e-mail at any time.
To send our newsletter, we use the MailChimp service of The Rocket Science Group LLC d/b/a MailChimp (675 Ponce De Leon Ave NE, Suite 5000 Atlanta, Georgia 30308, USA, „Mandrill“). The legal basis of this processing is Art. 6 Para. 1 Clause 1 Lit. f GDPR, namely our legitimate interest in optimizing and economically distributing our newsletter. If you do not want MailChimp to process your data, you should not subscribe to or unsubscribe from the newsletter.
The Rocket Science Group LLC d/b/a MailChimp is certified under the Privacy Shield Agreement, which provides a guarantee to comply with European data protection standards (https://www.privacyshield.gov/participant?id=a2zt0000000TO6hAAG&status=Active).
c) When using our contact form
If you have any questions, you may contact us using the form provided on the website. A valid e-mail address is required so that we know who sent the request and can respond to it. Further information can be provided voluntarily.
Data processing for the purpose of contacting us is carried out in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 Clause 1 Lit. a GDPR on the basis of your voluntary consent. The personal data collected by us for the use of the contact form will automatically be deleted after your request has been processed.
d) Donations via Altruja
When using the donation function, the data you enter will be transmitted in encrypted form to Altruja for the sole purpose of processing the donation. We have commissioned Altruja to process the data on our behalf. Altruja is a German company based in Munich which processes donations online. The servers are located in Germany. For more information, go to https://www.altruja.de
e) Online applications
If you send us an application by e-mail, it will only be made available to our HR managers. Your data will be treated with strict confidentiality and only for the purpose of the application process and will be deleted no later than 6 months after the application process has ended if no employment results from your application.
f) Participation in surveys
For selected surveys and forms we use Typeform, a form tool from TYPEFORM SL, Carrer Doctor Trueta, 113-119, Planta 1, 08005 Barcelona, Spain; („Typeform“). When such a form is filled in, the IP address of the user, information on the time and duration of the survey and the information provided by the user in the forms are transmitted to Typeform. If you do not want your data to be processed by Typeform, you should not take part in surveys or fill out forms which are marked accordingly. Data from surveys can be statistically analyzed by us and can be processed and used by us for marketing purposes. Of course, the data will be anonymized so that no conclusions can be drawn about individual persons.
The legal basis of this data processing is Art. 6 Para. 1 Clause 1 f GDPR and serves our legitimate interest in improving and economically operating our service.
g) Data processing for postal purposes
We have a legitimate interest to inform you about our worldwide work and to inspire you for it within the meaning of Art 6 (1) lit. f GDPR. This serves in particular to be able to offer you good donor support, to further improve it and to fulfill our statutory purposes. Therefore, we use your data to keep you informed about our work (by mail), to adapt our communication to the needs of our supporters and to target it to potential new audiences.
3. Sharing of data
Your personal data will not be transferred to third parties for purposes other than those listed below.
We will only disclose your personal data to third parties if:
- you have expressly consented to this under Art. 6 Para. 1 Clause 1 Lit. a of the GDPR,
- the disclosure is necessary in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 Clause 1 Lit. f GDPR to assert, exercise or defend legal claims and there is no reason to believe that you have an overriding interest in not disclosing your data,
- in the event that disclosure in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 Clause 1 Lit. c GDPR is a legal obligation, as far as this is legally permissible and required according to Art. 6 Para. 1 Clause 1 Lit. b GDPR for the processing of contractual relationships with you.
Information concerning the specific device which has been used is stored in the cookie. However, this does not provide us with direct information about your identity.
Data processed by cookies are required for the aforementioned purposes of protecting our legitimate interests, as well as the interests of third parties according to Art. 6 Para. 1 Clause 1 Lit. f GDPR. Most browsers accept cookies automatically. However, you can configure your browser so that no cookies are stored on your computer, or a message always appears before a new cookie is created. The complete deactivation of cookies, however, may result in you being unable to use all the features of our website.
5. Analytical tools
a) Tracking tools
The tracking measures listed below and used by us are based on Art. 6 Para. 1 Clause 1 Lit. f GDPR. We use these tracking measures to ensure that our website design is needs-based and that the website is continually optimized.
We also use the tracking measures to statistically record the use of our website and to analyze it for the purpose of optimizing our offer. These interests are to be regarded as legitimate under the aforementioned provision.
The relevant data processing purposes and data categories can be found in the corresponding tracking tools.
b) Google Analytics
For the purpose of customizing and continually optimizing our pages, we use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Inc. (https://www.google.de/intl/de/about/) (1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA; hereinafter „Google“). In this context, pseudonymized user profiles are created and cookies (see section 4) are used. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website such as the
- browser type/version,
- operating system used,
- referrer URL (the previously visited website),
- host name of the accessing computer (IP address),
- time of the server request,
are sent to and stored on a server hosted by Google Inc. in the USA. The information is used to analyze the use of the website, to compile reports on advertising activities and to provide further services associated with the use of the website and of the internet for the purposes of market research and needs-based design of these internet sites.
This information may also be transferred to third parties, provided this is legally required, or to the extent that such third parties are commissioned to process the information. Under no circumstances will your IP address be linked to other data from Google. The IP addresses are anonymized, so that an assignment to a specific individual is not possible (IP masking).You can adjust the settings of your browser to prevent the installation of cookies; however, we would like to point out that you may then not be able to use all the features of this website. You can also prevent cookie-generated data about your use of the website (including your IP address) from being passed on to Google, and prevent this data from being processed by Google, by downloading and installing the browser add-on available at the following link: (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de).
As an alternative to the browser add-on, especially for browsers on mobile devices, you can also prevent Google Analytics from collecting data by clicking this link. This sets an opt-out cookie, which prevents any future collection of your data when visiting this website. The opt-out cookie applies only in this browser and only for our website and is stored on your device. If you delete your cookies in this browser, you have to set the opt-out cookie again. Further information on data protection in connection with Google Analytics can be found in the Google Analytics help (https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=de).
6. Social media plug-ins
We do not use social media plugins that automatically send data to the respective provider when the page is accessed. Data is only transferred when you click on the link to share a specific post or page. Please note the relevant data protection information of the respective platform.
We have embedded videos provided by YouTube, LLC 901 Cherry Ave., 94066 San Bruno, CA, USA, a company of Google Inc., Amphitheater Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA, on our website.
Usually, your IP address is sent to YouTube and YouTube stores a cookie on your device. We have activated YouTube’s „privacy-enhanced mode“ option, so that no personal data is analyzed if you do not watch the respective video. If you watch the video, YouTube receives this information and assigns it to your YouTube account should you be logged in. You can log out of your YouTube account before watching the video to prevent this.
According to the information provided by YouTube, in „privacy-enhanced mode“, data (in particular, which of our internet sites you have visited) is only transmitted to the YouTube server when you watch the video. If you are logged in to YouTube at the same time, this information will be associated with your YouTube account. You can prevent this by logging out of your member account before visiting our website. Google provides more information on YouTube’s data protection policy: https://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy/
8. Rights of data subjects
You have the right:
- to request information about your personal data processed by us under Art. 15 GDPR. In particular, you can request information about the purposes of processing, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data has been or will be disclosed, the planned retention period, the existence of the right to correction, deletion, restriction of processing or objection, the existence of a right to complain, the source of your data, if not collected by us, as well as the existence of automated decision-making including profiling and, if applicable, meaningful information about their details;
- to immediately request the correction of incorrect or incomplete personal data stored by us in accordance with art. 16 GDPR;
- to request the deletion of your personal data stored by us in accordance with Art. 17 GDPR, unless the processing is necessary to exercise the right to freedom of expression and information, to fulfill a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or to assert, exercise or defend legal claims;
- to receive your personal data that you have provided to us in a structured, current and machine-readable format or to request its transfer to another responsible party in accordance with Art. 20 GDPR;
- to revoke at any time, in accordance with Art. 7 Para. 3 GDPR, your consent previously given to us. As a result, we would then no longer be allowed to continue processing the data obtained previously on the basis of this consent. And
- to complain to a supervisory authority under Art. 77 GDPR. As a rule, you can contact the supervisory authority responsible for your usual place of residence or workplace or for our headquarters.
9. Right of objection
If your personal data is processed based on legitimate interests in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 Clause 1 Lit. f GDPR, you have the right in accordance with Art. 21 GDPR to object to your personal data being processed if there are reasons for this which arise from your particular situation or if the objection is directed against direct advertising. In the latter case, you have a general right of objection, which we will comply with without the need to specify a particular situation.
If you wish to exercise your right of revocation or objection, simply send us an e-mail.
10. Data security
For your visit to our website, we use the most common SSL (Secure Socket Layer) method together with the highest level of encryption supported by your browser. Typically, this is 256-bit encryption. If your browser does not support 256-bit encryption, we will use 128-bit v3 technology instead. You can tell whether an individual page that is part of our website is transmitted in encrypted form by checking for the key / closed lock icon in the (bottom) status bar of your browser.
We also use suitable technological and organizational security measures to protect your data against accidental or intentional manipulation, partial or complete loss, destruction, or unauthorized access by third parties. Our security measures are continuously improved and updated in line with technological developments.
11. Status of this data protection declaration
Last updated: May 2018